As each of our clients are different we can offer as little or as much sensitive support as you require.
We know your belongings mean a lot and have strong memories attached to them, but letting go is hard to do.
Movinghouse Services can help you make the hard decisions about what to keep and what to let go and also organise the physical work needed for your move.
We can work by your side or leave the entire job to us.
If you are looking for a more relaxed lifestyle in a more manageable home or moving to a smaller place but are concerned with what it entails, talk to Movinghouse Services. We help you plan ahead…….our recommended services can attend to all the details and ensure a smooth transition to your exciting new life.
Start by simplifying your life today to stay organised and in control. Prioritise those items you would like to keep & have fun and think like a designer! Achieve a stylish and functional home in a more manageable space.
We assist downsizers every day. Our recommended support services can tailor a package to suit your individual requirements.
- Start early and assess your actual needs. prioritizing the activities and items that are already a part of your actual lifestyle. Items that you can live without need to go.
- Be realistic….items that you’re not sure of can go to storage for 6 months for you then to decide.
- Measure your furniture if moving to a smaller house – if moving you will need to make sure that your furniture will fit and remember the location of doors & windows.
- Assess your new storage areas – how does the storage compare to your previous house? Will you have fewer kitchen cupboards? How many wardrobes will you have?
- How usable are the cupboards in your new home?
- Be generous – donate what is not needed and dispose of any unnecessary items. Have a garage sale, remember e-bay & auction rooms.
- Save your memories – archive your photos and important documents.
- Downsize books….. they are heavy to move and take up a lot of space…..we can recommend charities and book buyers.
- Use up all food – dispose of out of date items. Donate to local food banks and organisations.
- Work out storage solutions eg: stackable plastic containers and remember to label as you go. The unpack in your new home will be so much easier.